REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTANT SERVICES – FIRMS SELECTION)
Reinforcement of the High Voltage Transmission Ring around Abuja Project
Credit No: CNG-1021
Assignment Title: Procurement of Consultant for the Pre-bidding activities, Supervision and Management of a Turnkey Supply and Installation of an Integrated Suite of Information Systems for the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN)
Reference No.: CS- AFS 02
DATE: 24th March, 2021
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
The Federal Government of Nigeria, through the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) intends to implement Abuja Transmission Substations Project. A credit facility from the French Development Agency (AFD) was secured for the implementation of the project and TCN intends to apply part of the loan to engage a Consultant Management and Supervision of the Turnkey Supply and Installation of an Enterprise Asset Management/Enterprise Resource Planning (EAM/ERP) Information System, Associated Work Stations, Servers, Peripherals and Network Equipment, User and Technical Training and Follow-on Technical Support Services.
The Project Management and Supervision Consultant to be engaged by TCN will assist its project Implementation Unit (PIU) among others in the overall supervision of the Complete Package of the Enterprise Management Suite for Information Systems by the EPC Contractor which will include activities during the Pre-bidding phase.
The total duration of the consultancy shall be thirty (30) months.
Specific tasks to be carried out by the Consultant include:
TCN is seeking the services of qualified and experienced firm specialized in offering the Management and Supervision of the Turnkey Supply and Installation of an Enterprise Asset Management/Enterprise Resource Planning (EAM/ERP) Information System, Associated Work Stations, Servers, Peripherals and Network Equipment, User and Technical Training and Follow-on Technical Support Services
- Pre-Contract Services which includes studies and preparation of Bidding Documents, assistance during the bidding process which will lead to the eventual selection of the EPC Contractor.
- ERP Project Administration and Control (Project Management)
- Development of scope of work and specification for the Project including the applications map, the conceptual design, change impact, change management strategy, data migration strategy , the budget, the planning etc
- Supervision of the Performance of the Contractors handling the Supply and Installation of the ERP for TCN.
- Supervision of the preparation and commissioning of the ERP installations up to final acceptance and handing over of the system under the Supply and Installation of ERP to TCN.
- Supervision and administration of the training of TCN staff
- Knowledge transfer of relevant technology to the ERP TCN project team
The Project Implementation Unit for the Reinforcement of the High Voltage Transmission Ring around Abuja Project now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Consultancy Services. The Consultancy will be managed by the Project Implementation Unit.
Interested Consultants (firms may associate) should provide information demonstrating that they have the requisite qualifications and cognate experience to perform the services. The criteria for short listing shall include:
- The Firm’s general experience and overall competence, including relevance of the applicant firm’s area of core business to the assignment envisaged
- Firm’s good reputation, strong institutional capacity and capability in terms of technical, managerial, expertise, quality management system, number of technical staff and financial soundness etc.
- The extent of specific experience in assignments of similar nature and complexity in implementation of ERP /EAM, management consulting, IT governance and change management etc. (relevant completion certificates and/or letters of recommendations from former clients to be provided if available). The firm must show record of past experiences/ references where similar ERP/EAM or Business process reengineering (BPR) have been implemented successfully in the past and demonstrate the ability to carry out this project with proven capability of producing consistent high quality reports and also ensure that all specific task will be adequately addressed in the report. The Consulting firm must have experience in providing consultancy for implementation of packaged solution like ERP, Business Process Re-engineering to reputed organizations/Gov/ Project Management Units. The firm shall also attach a list of its key experts with relevant qualifications and experiences
- The extent of specific experience in assignments of similar nature and complexity in management and supervision of similar assignments in sub-Africa region would be a plus.
- Evidence of Certifications with relevant bodies to be attached
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.3.3 of the AFD’s Guidelines (https://www.afd.fr/en/ressources/procurement-guidelines-afd-financed-contracts-foreign-countries - October 2019), setting forth the AFD’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a consortium to enhance their qualifications.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality & Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours i.e. 0800 to 1700 hours.
Transmission Company of Nigeria – Project Implementation Unit (TCN-PIU), Plot 1226 Ocean House, Aminu Kano Crescent, Wuse 2 Abuja, FCT.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by 21st April, 2021.
Transmission Company of Nigeria – Project Implementation Unit (TCN-PIU)
AFD –PIU Conference Room,
Attention: Engr. J.N. Okemini - Project Manager (AFD Project)
Plot 1226 Ocean House, Aminu Kano crescent, Wuse 2 Abuja, FCT. 900288,
E-mail: email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org