TRANSMISSION COMPANY NIGERIA (TCN)
Project Management Unit (PMU)
Invitation for Prequalification
NAME OF PROJECT: NIGERIA ELECTRICITY TRANSMISSION PROJECT
CONTRACT TITLE: REHABILITATION & REINFORCEMENT OF 330/132KV AND
132/33KV TRANSMISSION SUBSTATIONS (PACKAGE 2)
Credit No: 61850
Project ID NO.: 146330 UNI
PREQUALIFICATION REFERENCE NO: NTP-TR2
DATE: 11th April, 2018
- The Federal Republic of Nigeria has applied for financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Nigeria Electricity Transmission Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for Rehabilitation & Reinforcement of 330/132kV and 132/33kV Transmission Substations (Package 2).
- The Transmission Company of Nigeria Plc - Project Management Unit (TCN-PMU) intends to prequalify contractors for Rehabilitation & Reinforcement of 330/132kV and 132/33kV Transmission Substations (Package 2) in two Lots as follows:
Lot 1: Rehabilitation & Reinforcement of 330/132kV and 132/33kV Transmission Substations in South-East, South-South & North-Central, Nigeria. The contract involves the supply and installation of 2x150MVA Power Transformers, 3x100MVA Power Transformers, 9x60MVA Power Transformers with all associated accessories;1x75MVar 330/132/33kV Shunt Reactor; 7Nos, 330kV Circuit Breakers, 30Nos 132kV Circuit Breaker and 59Nos 33kV Circuit Breakers; 34Nos, 330kV Disconnect Switches plus Earthing Switch, 93Nos 132kV Disconnect Switches plus Earthing Switch and 142Nos 33kV Disconnect Switches plus Earthing Switch and Rehabilitation of 13Nos Control Room buildings. The contract sites are: Alaoji, Aba, Umuahia (Abia State), Port Harcourt Main, Port Harcourt Town (Rivers State), Itu TS (Cross River State), GCMTS Onitsha, (Anambra State), Abakaliki (Ebonyi State), New Haven, Orji River, Ugwuaji, (Enugu State) and Otukpo, Apir-Makurdi (Benue State) Transmission Substations.
Lot 2: Rehabilitation & Reinforcement of 330/132kV and 132/33kV Transmission Substations in South-West & South-South, Nigeria. The contract involves the supply and installation of 1x300MVA 330/132kV Power Transformer, 2x150MVA 330/132kV Power Transformers, 7x100MVA Power Transformers, 2x60MVA Power Transformers with all associated accessories; 1x75MVar 330/132/33kV Shunt Reactor; 6Nos, 330kV Circuit Breakers, 19Nos 132kV Circuit Breaker and 39Nos 33kV Circuit Breakers; 20Nos, 330kV Disconnect Switches plus Earthing Switch, 37Nos 132kV Disconnect Switches plus Earthing Switch and 60Nos 33kV Disconnect Switches plus Earthing Switch and Rehabilitation of 7Nos Control Room. The contract sites are: Osogbo (Osun State), Ilorin (Kwara State), Ondo (Ondo State), Irrua, Benin (Edo State), Delta IV, Effurun (Delta State) Transmission Substations.
Details of the above descriptions and scope of work are contained in the Prequalification Documents.
It is expected that the Request for Bids will be made in October, 2018.
- Prequalification will be conducted through the procedures as specified in the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers July, 2016 and revised November1, 2017 (“Procurement Regulations”), and is open to all eligible Applicants as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
- Interested eligible Applicants may obtain further information from the Transmission Company of Nigeria Plc, Project Management Unit (TCN-PMU) - Engr. A. A. Gwadabe email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org at the address (1) below during office hours 0900 to 1700 hours. A complete set of prequalification documents comprising of Lots 1 & 2 in English language may be purchased by interested Applicants on the submission of a written application to any of the addresses below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of Fifty thousand Naira (N50,000.00) via Remita at www.remita.net by generating Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) in favour of Transmission Company of Nigeria-Project Management Unit. The Prequalification Document shall be sent by Courier upon additional payment of Twelve Thousand Naira (NGN12,000.00) for places within Nigeria or Thirty Thousand Naira (NGN30,000.00) for Europe and West Africa and Fifty Thousand Naira (NGN50,000.00) for all other countries not later than three (3) weeks from the date of publication to cover the delivery.
- Firms that cannot meet the following key qualifications requirements are not encouraged to participate in the Prequalification Process:
- Average annual turnover requirement
Minimum average annual turnover of
Lot 1 – Forty two million US Dollars (US$42,000,000)
Lot 2 – Thirty six million US Dollars (US$36,000,000)
calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress or completed, within the last Five (5) years
(b) Financial Resources:
The Applicant shall demonstrate that it has access to, or has available liquid assets, unencumbered real assets, lines of credit, and other financial means (independent of any contractual advance payment) sufficient to meet the construction cash flow requirements estimated as:
Lot 1 – Seven million US Dollars (US$7,000,000)
Lot 2 – Six million US Dollars (US$6,000,000)
(c) Specific Experience:
A minimum number of Two (2) similar contracts specified below that have been satisfactorily and substantially completed as a prime contractor, joint venture member, management contractor or subcontractor between 1st January, 2012 and Application submission deadline:
Two (2Nos) Contracts, each of minimum value:
Lot 1 – Thirty four million US Dollars (US$34,000,000)
Lot 2 – Twenty nine million US Dollars (US$29,000,000)
- Applications for prequalification should be submitted to address (1) below in clearly marked envelopes and delivered to the address below by 12:00noon on 13th June 2018. Late applications may be rejected.
Transmission Company of Nigeria – Project Management Unit (TCN-PMU)
Conference Room 1,
Attention: Engr. A. A. Gwadabe - Project Manager (WBP)
No. 7, Hombori Street, Wuse 2,
Tel: +234 8080288802 or +234 8080288803
Usman Gur Mohammed –Managing Director/CEO
Transmission Company of Nigeria
No. 14, Zambezi Crescent, Maitama,