REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTANT SERVICES – FIRMS SELECTION)
Nigeria Electricity & Gas Improvement Project (NEGIP)
Credit No: 46200 UNI
Assignment Title: Forensic Review of Distribution Companies
Reference No.: NGP-QCBS-TC14
DATE: 15th January, 2018
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
The total duration of the consultancy shall be ninety 90 days.
The assignment shall be conducted simultaneously in all the Eleven (11) Electricity Distribution Companies.
Specific tasks to be carried out by the Consultant for each DisCo include:
- Review of Billing and Revenue Assurance including cash collection, remittances and disbursement; Operating and Capital Expenditures embarked upon by the distribution licensees with a view to ascertaining appropriateness, relevance and value for money to justify recovery from the rate payers through the end-user tariffs
- Review and ascertain compliance with Terms & Conditions of the License, NERC Regulations/Orders/Rules and Industry Agreements, Technical Services/Operations & Management Agreements, Corporate Governance Practices and applicable laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Assessment of regulatory assets upon takeover, additional assets deployed and retired, disposed or written off
- Review of sources and applications of loan facilities
- Review of procurement policies and practices relating to acquisition and disposal of regulatory assets; consultancy services and related parties transactions
The Project Management Unit for the Nigeria Electricity and Gas Improvement Project (NEGIP) now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the consultancy services. The Consultancy will be managed by NERC.
Interested Consultants (firms may associate) should provide information demonstrating that they have the requisite qualifications and cognate experience to perform the forensic review. The criteria for short listing shall include:
- The general experience and overall competence, including managerial and technical capacity, of the firm’s relevance to the assignment under consideration;
- The extent of specific experience in carrying out legal and forensic reviews of performance of electricity utilities.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers January, 2011 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a consortium to enhance their qualifications.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality & Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours i.e. 0800 to 1700 hours.
Plot 1099 First Avenue
Off Shehu Shagari Way
Central Business District
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by 26th January, 2018
Transmission Company of Nigeria – Project Management Unit (TCN-PMU)
Conference Room 1,
Attention: Engr. A. A. Gwadabe - Project Manager (WBP)
No. 7, Hombori Street, Wuse 2,
Tel: +234 8080288802 or +234 8080288803